Help with subnets

Steve Feldman oliveb!tymix!feldman at sun.com
Sat Dec 10 13:16:22 AEST 1988

I spent a few hours yesterday converting our class C Ethernet into a class
B subnet, only to discover that none of the diskless clients would boot.
They all hung after loading ndboot, while trying to load the kernel.  I
followed the instructions in the 3.3 upgrade document.

A quick etherfind showed a client sending an nd broadcast to 131.146.0.0,
but not getting any response.  Our subnet is 131.146.2.*.

Is there a step I've missed?

We're running a mixture of 3.4 and 3.5 on our Suns, and there are also two
4.3BSD Vaxen and a Cisco gateway on the Ethernet.

Thanks,
	Steve Feldman
	uucp: ..!sun!oliveb!tymix!feldman
	arpa: oliveb!tymix!feldman at sun.com