SPARC SUN with SUN OS 4.0EXPORT crashes with "panic: diskquota"

Fuat C. Baran fuat at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 12 13:34:15 AEST 1988

unido!mk at bilbo.irb (Michael Kuschke) writes:
>I would like to hear if anybody else has encountered problems similary to
>the I have.  Every 1 or 2 weeks our SUN 4/280 goes down with "panic:
>diskquota"....

Yes we have seen this here.  (Sun-4/280 running SunOS 4.0).  We reported
this to Sun and received an SO number but no bug reference number (I am
not sure much was done about this).  We turned off quotas until we can get
a fix for it (so far no word and this is an open call since Sept).  A
quick look at the README file for the 4.0.1 patch tape does not show any
mention of this being fixed.

	--Fuat

INTERNET: fuat at columbia.edu          U.S. MAIL: Columbia University
BITNET:   fuat at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu           Center for Computing Activities
USENET:   ...!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!fuat      712 Watson Labs, 612 W115th St.
PHONE:    (212) 854-5128                        New York, NY 10025