Post Conference blues

William LeFebvre phil at Rice.edu
Sat Dec 10 06:20:50 AEST 1988

Well, the SUG conference was lots of fun and very enlightening.
Unfortunately, it means that I am even further behind with Sun-Spots.
Fortunately, I am not going away for the Christmas holidays (like I did
last year), so I can do alot of work during that time when submissions
should be fewer.  Unfortunately (for you), that means you will have a pile
of news to read when you get back from vacation.  Oh well.  I will try to
be more selective to try to hold it down as much as I can.

I don't really have the time to type in a lengthy review of the
conference.  There are a few things I would like to comment on, but it
will have to wait.  Naturally, I didn't make it to everything and I
welcome comments and summaries from other attendees.  The Sun-Spots SIG
went well, although I got rounded up for dinner sooner than I expected.
Sorry that I left so early.  As a result of the discussion we had, I
intend to request the formation of another Usnet list for the distribution
of Sun-related sources:  comp.sources.sun.  I hope to get that request in
sometime next week.

I will be trying very hard over the next few weeks to catch up on the
submissions.  I can ony beg your tolerance yet again.  Please remember
that this is a very high volume list.  Even after digesting the
submissions, I send out between 15 and 30K of data every day!  Someone
from Sun (who shall remain nameless---you know who you are) asked me if
there was any truth to the rumor that Sun-Spots was as far behind as the
answer center!  Oooh, that hurt!

Well, onward....

	Your moderator,
	William LeFebvre