getfile: a file selector

William LeFebvre phil at Rice.edu
Fri Dec 30 13:56:54 AEST 1988

I have lost the original message that announced this software, so I'll
just do it myself.

Here's part of the "HELP" file:

Use the scrollbar in the file list window to scroll through the list of
files.  Select a file or directory name and click SHELVE to copy its full
pathname to the SunView shelf.  Double clicking a file name has the same
effect.  Double clicking a directory causes it to be opened for
inspection.

File names and directory names may be typed in at the appropriate labels
in the top window, if desired.

Submitted by Robert L. Brown.  It is stored in the archives under
"sun-source" as "getfile.shar".  It is 59698 bytes long.  It can be
retrieved via anonymous FTP from the host "titan.rice.edu" or via the
archive server.  For more information about the archive server, send a
mail message containing the word "help" to the address
"archive-server at rice.edu".

--wnl