Locking down Sun's

David C. Kovar daedalus!kovar%husc4 at talcott.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 14 00:17:38 AEST 1988

We recently installed 10 Sun 386i machines out in a student design studio.
All of the equipment was secured with Anchor Pads. The core of the system
is a large (12" x 12" or there abouts) metal plate that is attached to the
surface of a large object with a "super-glue" type of adhesive. Mounting
brackets are then attached to the monitor and system cabinet and these
brackets are secured to the plates with a rod and key mechanism. It would
take a lot of force to remove the systems from the drafting tables. The
major drawback to the system appears when you move some equipment to a new
location. You're left with an ugly metal plate attached to your tables.
Anchor Pad claims that they have a solvent that will remove them but we've
never bothered.

If someone wants your equipement they're going to get it, but Anchor Pads
make it a lot more difficult.

Anchor Pad - (617) 868-8370. (I'm sure they have offices elsewhere, but
this is the one we deal with.)

-David Kovar
 Technical Consultant
 Harvard University