SUG SEX: a quiet moment afterwards

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Mon Dec 12 11:53:46 AEST 1988

Cigarette?

Well, SEX [[ that's Software EXchange for those of you who came in late
--wnl ]] was a success and a failure.  On the positive side, a lot of
people (I would say well over 100) were able to make tapes.  On the
negative side, my tapetools were inadequate for the task, and I would bet
that some people who wanted to make tapes couldn't.

There was about 20 Mbytes of stuff available, and also X11, release 3.
Most of the Sun-Spots archive was there, and 8 megs of NeWS software.

Many, many, many thanks to Dave Thomas, Dale Yoakom, and Thomas
McLaughlin, who provided me with a Sun-4 and shoebox on the spur of the
moment.  Without there help, SEX would not have happened.  Everyone who
got a tape made should know that without the help of these people, nothing
would have happened.  Their support on such short notice was fantastic.

Well, I'm already looking at SUG-SEX '89, and would like some feedback
from '88 participants.  Should we do it again?  What would make it better?
I have some ideas, but I'll wait to see what others think.

[[ Hey, Chuck?  Was it as good for you as it was for me?  Sorry, couldn't
resist!  --wnl ]]

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation