Help with subnets

Mike Clarkson mike at ists.yorku.ca
Wed Dec 21 18:07:21 AEST 1988

oliveb!tymix!feldman at sun.com (Steve Feldman) writes:
> I spent a few hours yesterday converting our class C Ethernet into a class
> B subnet, only to discover that none of the diskless clients would boot.
> They all hung after loading ndboot, while trying to load the kernel.  I
> followed the instructions in the 3.3 upgrade document.

Did you remember to rename the symlinks in /tftpboot ?  They are based on
a hexadecimal representation of the Internet number.

Did you set the netmask on the ifconfig line in /etc/rc.boot ?

Did you remake the yellow pages on your YP master server with ypinit -m ?

Mike.

Mike Clarkson					mike at ists.UUCP
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science	mike at ists.yorku.ca
York University, North York, Ontario,		uunet!mnetor!yunexus!ists!mike
CANADA M3J 1P3					+1 (416) 736-5611