Multiple dumps to /dev/nrst8 fail

Kim Kempf mcrware!kim at uunet.uu.net
Thu Dec 22 05:11:38 AEST 1988

mcrware!kim at uunet.uu.net (Kim Kempf) writes:
>all dumps fine with no reported problems.  restore will only work on the
>first file saved.  Attempts to restore the other files on the tape (with
>'restore is 2') will fail with the vague message:
>
>	Tape read error: Error 0

I had many inquiries by others who have noticed this problem so it's worth
posting here.  This problem seems to have been fixed in the SunOS 4.0.1
patch tape "scsi" patch.  I think it was the "record length error should
be ignored" bug that caused the problem.

Kim Kempf, Microware Systems Corporation	...!sun!mcrware!kim