SunIPC and SunOS 4.0

Jan L. Peterson caeco!olyis!sol!jlp at cs.utah.edu
Sat Dec 17 05:34:53 AEST 1988

lazear at gateway.mitre.org writes:
> Does anyone have experience with moving from a working SunIPC board
> accessed by Sun workstations under 3.4 to 4.0?  Is a new release of the
> SunIPC software necessary (probably free, huh!) or will the nfs daemon and
> pctool-related code work without change?  Thanks.

Sun has new ipc code, but it's in beta test (we are a beta test site).  I
can't tell you any more about it because of my contract with Sun.  You
might try contacting Sun's beta test coordinator yourself.  Try contacting
Pat Ribardiere (patr at cabin.sun.com).

	-jan-
--
        Jan L. Peterson
UUCP:   { ...!utah-cs!caeco | quad1 }!olyis!jlp