Sun-Spots Digest, v6n122

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Fri Jun 24 14:05:31 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST          Thursday, 23 June 1988      Volume 6 : Issue 122

Today's Topics:
                           Re: text table full
                             Re: slip on Suns
                          Re: How do you use rex
         Re: Telebit Wants to Know: new features in TrailBlazers
                              panic iechkcca
                           setting subnet mask?
       Why can't I have multiple net IDs on a single ethernet board
                             rf2spec in Tex?
                           Why VT100 emulators?
                             8-bit shelltool?
                        SCSI drivers for the Sun?
                       Sun 2 Bug -- Need Assistance
                RPCGEN modifications for use with inetd(8)

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    Wed, 15 Jun 88 14:20:38 PDT
From:    Craig Leres <leres at helios.ee.lbl.gov>
Subject: Re: text table full

Like so many other things in SunOS, I've found that 4.3 BSD has a good
solution to the problem. The first time I had trouble with too few text
slots, I changed the calculation to match 4.3's param.c:

    RCS file: RCS/param.c,v
    retrieving revision 1.1
    retrieving revision 1.2
    diff  -r1.1 -r1.2
    52c52
    < int	ntext = 24 + MAXUSERS;
    ---
    > int	ntext = 36 + MAXUSERS;

I also config my kernels with a MAXUSERS of 8; I use 16 for "big memory"
systems (16 Mbytes or more).

		Craig

P.S. What kind of licensing arrangements have I been breaking by upping
MAXUSERS?