Sun-Spots Digest, v6n76

William LeFebvre Sun-Spots-Request at RICE.EDU
Mon May 9 10:55:41 AEST 1988

SUN-SPOTS DIGEST         Saturday, 7 May 1988          Volume 6 : Issue 76

Today's Topics:
                    Re: A Question about Shared memory
                      Re: selection and GET problems
                         Re: csh "filec" bug (2)
                     Re: Need help writing in SunView
                           Re: DAT info request
                  XTCP (Van Jacobson's TCP) in SunOS 4.0
             X11 & suntools on a Sun 3/60C (multiple screens)
                          Sun 100U Video Problem
          complex arithmetic in C on the Sun without C++ or NAG?
                    4 Fuji-2372's on a single xy451 ?
                             canvas resizing?
               Are there any decent serial boards for Suns?
                   SDRC I-DEAS Calcomp plotter driver?

Send contributions to:  sun-spots at rice.edu
"archive-server at rice.edu" or mail the word "help" to the same address
for more information.

Date:    29 Apr 88 07:15:42 GMT
From:    tekbspa!tss!joe at uunet.uu.net (Joe Angelo)
Subject: Re: A Question about Shared memory

Will moran writes, in vol6no63:

>Is there any reason that the limit of shared memory is 512K in Sun OS 3.5?

I'd imagine it's just an oversite. Add the line:

	options	SHMPOOL="xxx"

to your kernel config file (/usr/sys/conf/SOMEFILE) and rebuild your kernel;
you might was well change MAXUSER=12 while you're at it.

"xxx" is some number of k-bytes; we use SHMPOOL="8000" to get 8meg
of shared-memory.

Joe Angelo -- Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Manager
at Teknekron Software Systems, Palo Alto 415-325-1025
uunet!tekbspa!joe -OR- tekbspa!joe at uunet.uu.net