CDC WREN-V's : any experience

Glenn Trigg munnari!rhc at uunet.uu.net
Wed Nov 23 16:02:47 AEST 1988

Kevin J. Maciunas <munnari!cs.flinders.oz.au!kevin at uunet.uu.net>:
> Is there anyone out there with a CDC WREN-V (574MB formatted) SCSI drive
> on a Sun? [3/60 especially..].  We have experience with WREN-[III/IV] but
> someone said there were problems with the V....

We (Meteorology department of Melb. Uni) have just put a Wren V onto our
Sun 3/60 just last week. So far we have had no trouble with it.

Our 3/60 was originally run as a diskless sun from out 3/110 (with
Micropolis and Wren IV disks), so to install the Wren V we took off the
Wren IV (from the 3/110) and plugged the Wren V in its place to format and
label it.  Then we plugged the Wren IV back into the 3/110 and the Wren V
into the 3/60 and away they both went.  One other point that may be of
interest is the we also have an exabyte tape drive on the 3/60 and the
Wren V is on the other side of that with respect to the 3/60.  Let me know
if you want any more info or if any of this is not clear.

	Glenn Trigg
	rhc at munnari