Reliability of Sun 3/50's?

De Clarke x2630 root at helios.ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 23 05:32:28 AEST 1988

The question before us, as we contemplate acquisition of our sixth and
seventh Sun 3/50-ME-4, is 'to maintain or not to maintain?'.  Has anyone
out there had conclusive experience of the failure rate of 3/50's in a
normal office environment (no a/c, isolation-txformer-type power
conditioning)?  Needless to say Sun's next-day maintenance is rather
costly and we will forgo it if the marketplace says that 3/50's are
super-reliable.  Actually, a mass survey of the reliability of various Sun
products might be in order, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's
interested!

voice: 408-429-2630	fax: 408-429-2730	email: root at helios.ucsc.edu
						       root at portal.bitnet