measuring performance on distributed systems

Paul Ashton paul at cantuar.uucp
Tue Nov 29 18:54:12 AEST 1988

I am about to add some instrumentation to SunOS 4.0 (we have the source)
with the aim of providing useful performance measurement tools to measure
interactive performance for distributed systems.  I have a design in mind,
and would like to have comments on or references to any of the following
areas:

- monitors for distributed systems.

- performance experiments that have been performed, or you would like to
be able to perform, on distributed systems.

- the structure of the SunOS 4.0 kernel.

Please reply by email, I will post a summary.

Thanks, Paul Ashton.

Internet(ish):  paul at cantuar.{uucp,nz}  JANET/SPEARNET: p.ashton at nz.ac.canty
UUCP:              ...!{watmath,munnari,mcvax,...!uunet!vuwcomp}!cantuar!paul
NZ Telecom:     Office: +64 3 667 001 x6350
NZ Post:        University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand