PRoblems with automount

Tait Cyrus cyrus at pprg.unm.edu
Wed Nov 23 11:59:48 AEST 1988

Help!!!!!!  I am trying, for the first time, to use automount.  I can't
for the life of me figure out how to do things so that the machine does
not hang on commands.

I was playing trying to mount pprg:/usr/pcb/cyrus on /var/tmp/cyrus

I created a map in /etc/automount.map that contained:
	/var/tmp/cyrus -o soft,bg pprg:/home/hi/cyrus
and started automount:
	automount /var/tmp /etc/automount.map

After starting automount, ANY command directed at /var/tmp hangs

I've rtfm and am still confused.  Any help/hints/suggestions in how to use
automount would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

W. Tait Cyrus   (505) 277-0806		e-mail: cyrus at pprg.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
Dept of ECE - Parallel Processing Research Group
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131