Helios memory for Sun-3/50

Skip Montanaro steinmetz!montnaro at uunet.uu.net
Wed Nov 23 18:03:17 AEST 1988

I asked our local Sun field service engineer to check on Sun's policy
towards Helios-upgraded 3/50s. The preliminary reading was that Sun would
not service such machines. I talked with Helios (before the reply from our
Sun guy), and they seemed more optimistic. Helios is working on a deal
with Apex to service boards with the Helios upgrade.

Your best bet is to contact your local Sun field service engineer and/or
Helios and try and get a definitive answer. It appears to be too soon to
tell exactly what the future policy will be.

As you might imagine, I'm only passing along what I've heard, I'm not
representing Helios or Sun.

Skip Montanaro (montanaro at sprite.steinmetz.ge.com, montanaro at ge-crd.arpa)