Problem with X on SunOS 4.0.x

Anil Somani somani at arns.nsc.com
Thu Dec 7 12:44:02 AEST 1989

We cannot run X applications across network on our Sun stations using
SunOS 4.0.x. With SunOS 3.x everything works fine i.e.  we can run a
application on a host A and display results on host B's terminal.  The
error message we get on OS 4.0 is

              basic: can't connect to X server hawaii:0.0

Host B in this case is 'hawaii'.

Is there a solution/workaround for this?

thanks,

Anil Somani                uucp: {sun|hplabs|amdahl|decwrl}!nsc!parns!somani
National Semiconductor     Domain: somani at parns.nsc.com
2900 Semiconductor Dr.     Corporate Design Automation, M/S D3-677
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8090 Phone: (408)721-4146