AARRGGHH X11/NeWS AARRGGHH

Mark Smith canon!smith at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 04:21:29 AEST 1989

I can't stand it. Back in the summer, we saw the X11/NeWS Beta release
running at Sun here in the UK. It looked to be ready Real-Soon-Now. At the
time, we understood that FCS was expected sometime in September. Here it
is, the end of November, and we keep hearing how it's delayed here, it's
on hold in the U.S., etc. etc. Meanwhile, messages show up on the net
which suggest some people actually have it in their hands. Does anyone
know what's really happening? I'll take semi-substantiated rumours at this
point.

|            Mark Smith             | tel:  +44 483 574 325        |
| Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. | fax:  +44 483 574 360        |
|     19 Frederick Sanger Road      +------------------------------+
|       Surrey Research Park        | inet: smith at canon.co.uk      |
|   Guildford Surrey UK  GU2 5YD    | uucp: ukc!uos-ee!canon!smith |