SparcStation-1 feature?

Jeremy Cook jeremy at kheops.cmi.no
Sat Dec 2 19:52:55 AEST 1989

> The other day I decided to untangle SparcStation-1 keyboard cable from all
> the others on my desk. The simplest way seemed to me was to first
> disconnect it.... Guess what happened? Disconnecting the keyboard forced a
> reboot of the system! Is this a SS-1 feature? Anybody has that problem
> too?

This is the same on Sun 3's as well. It's not actually a reboot, and it
happens when you plug *in* the keyboard, not when you take it out - when
you plug in the keyboard the machine thinks you might want to change where
the keyboard is and so puts you into a dialogue with the prom. At the
prompt

Type b(boot), c (continue), or n (new command mode)

just type 'c'!

-- Jeremy Cook