Funny Configuration

Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse at cup.portal.com Chuck_SirVAX_Staatse at cup.portal.com
Sat Dec 30 17:54:19 AEST 1989

I tried something funny with my 4/330 and (you guessed it) I got something
funny. I swapped the eight 4MB SIMMs that were on the CPU card with the
eight 1MB SIMMs from the memory card. Although the total amount of memory
had not changed (40MB), the system now only reported 28MB. Swapping the
SIMMS back to their original positions gave me 40MB again. I don't see
this as a problem since the fix is "Don't do it that way", but I would
feel better knowing that this is a known anomaly instead of a unknown
anomaly.