17" / 19" Monitor comparisons

Calvin Hayden tijc02!cgh018 at rti.rti.org
Fri Dec 8 04:39:37 AEST 1989

Time for a possibly stupid question.  We are looking at purchasing several
(~25-30) workstations.  In the proposal, all have been listed as having
19" monitors.  17" monitors are cheaper, so I have been asked to get your
input as to the pros and cons of 19" vs 17" monitors on workstations.  IE:
"... 19" is easier on the eyes, more information / screen, more windows,
17" resolution is better, long pages wont fit on 17", etc...." Yeah, I
know the 19" has a larger screen surface area :-) :) Please email.  Thanks
in advance!

Calvin Haydenw3
Texas Instruments, Johnson City, Tn.
Voice (615)461-2254