Server Questions

uksol!nmm at uunet.uu.net uksol!nmm at uunet.uu.net
Wed Dec 13 22:28:58 AEST 1989

>In article <3255 at brazos.Rice.edu> you write:
>=
>=We are considering a server for both NFS and compute engine use and have
>=some questions about resource utilization:

This sounds like a prime case for a multi-cpu machine.  The NFS and
network traffic can be dealt with by one CPU while the computation can be
dealt with by another, without affecting each other (much).  Its
effectively the same as the 2 x 4/330 scenario, without the 2 x chassis,
disks, OS, monitors, etc.