Twisted Pair (David Systems) and Sun 3/60's

Steven M. Miller smiller at cs.umn.edu
Sat Dec 30 04:48:26 AEST 1989

We just moved into our new building and started hooking our Suns into our
new twisted pair ethernet.   (We're using David System's stuff) Our Sun
3/50's and Sun 3/80's work fine over the network, but our Sun 3/60's
refuse to boot!   Actually they get about half the way through and then
choke.    (For those familiar with Suns the booting hangs just after
"Checking filesystems" appears on the screen) The 60's boot just fine if I
hook them directly into the piece of thick we have in our lab.   I haven't
analyzed the net yet to see what is going on, but will do so over the long
weekend.

Anyone out there ever seen a problem like this?    Is there possibly
something in the David systems's config that we have wrong?

Thanks in advance,
-Steve