Is there an xsetroot type program for SunView?

Michael Thompson ntmtv!thompson at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 7 12:35:08 AEST 1989

Is there a small SunView utility program which will allow a person to set
the root background raster image if SunView is already running.  For X
Windows, the utility program 'xsetroot -bitmap filename' does this.  I am
looking for the same capability for SunView.

It is too bad, but it seems that a background raster file can only be
loaded when SunView is first started up.  Am I right in this assumption?