SparcStation 330 Questions.

William Clare Stewart wcs at ho95c.att.com
Sun Dec 10 11:28:30 AEST 1989

In article <3101 at brazos.Rice.edu> daveg at ee.ubc.ca (Dave Gagne) writes:
]2. Thicknet to thinnet converters.  Our building is wired with thinnet,
]   and the new SPARC's have only thicknet.  Ideally I would like something
]   that plugs into the thicknet port on the SPARC and has thinnet coming
]   out the other end.

This direction is easy:  There are transceivers with an AUI drop cable on
one side and a thin-cable jack on the media side.  We've bought ours from
HP, but Sun also sells them, and probably Cabletron does too.  It's almost
always worth getting Cabletron transceivers because the blinking lights
are useful (all REAL computers have blinking lights :-), but they're all
cheap, about the cost of thickwire transceivers.