4.0.3 quota problems

John M Ashley ashley at eecae.ee.msu.edu
Thu Dec 21 07:29:26 AEST 1989

Perhaps others have already had this problem, but as a somewhat novice
system ad, I need help. The hard limit on our quotas is not enforced.
Further, occasionally, a quota will give the message NOT STARTED under the
timeleft field.  I have found that occasionally either editing the quota
file or run quotacheck -v helps, but not always. Also, as an aside, I had
to individually mount and start quotas on each disk; the -a option seemed
singularly ineffective. Please send all mail to both ashley at eecae and
root at power1, as the eecae account will be dying along with that machine
early next week, and I don't trust the mailer to put it on power1.

ashley at eecae.ee.msu.edu
root at power1.ee.msu.edu