LAT Implementations for the SUN

Grootwassink, David grootwass at tawc1.eglin.af.mil
Tue Dec 19 00:19:00 AEST 1989

Thank you to all who responded to my LAT question!  In summary to the net
it appears that there are two major manufactures of LAT software.

Ron Kleinman: ...

There are several ..  the one making the most noise is KI Research.  They
have just relocated to Belmont Ca. from New England.  Jim Corrigan is the
president.  Old address ....

         Jim Corrigan
         Ki Research, Inc.
         12 Mountain Laurles, #201
         Nashua, NH   03060
         (603) 891-2460

Dave Clapp says...

         KI sales at 1 (800) 544-8352

Another one is ...

X_From: poffen at SJ.ATE.SLB.COM (Russ Poffenberger)
X_Subject: LAT for sun

In your recent Sunspots posting, asking for LAT S/W for sun, here is a
company that provides this.

Meridian Technology Corp.
P.O. Box 2006
15965 Manchester Rd.
Suite 102
St. Louis, MO 63011
(314)394-1600

I had started to look into getting this, but was a little discouraged
because of the price. It would have been cheaper for us to get a TCP/IP
terminal server for what we wanted to do.

------------

It would be cheaper for me to get a TCP/IP - LAT terminal server too, but I
work in a "If it's not DEC we don't buy it" atmosphere.

Another point of interest ...

A few days after my initial posting I got a new issue (Dec 4 issue) of
Digital Review.  They had an article saying that DEC plans to include
Internet Protocol support in its next verson of the DECserver/LAT
software.  I haven't gotten any specifics yet, but I'll post info to the
net if there is interest.

I plan on posting this to the Sun-Managers Internet list as well. So if
you get both I appologize for the duplicate posting, but I think it is
germane to both lists.

Again, thanks for the help,
Dave