Request for feedback on XView

Doug Cook dmcook at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 5 06:35:32 AEST 1989

(Apologies to those of you who also saw this on comp.windows.x...)

I'm interested in getting feedback on people's experiences with XView 1.0.
Specifically, could people who have used it comment on some of the
following?

* Toolkit Porting experiences. Have you got XView running on non-Sun
hardware? If so, are you having any problems with it? Did you run into any
difficulties in porting?

* Applications. What applications have you written in XView or ported from
Sunview? What comments do you have as an application developer?

If you're developing on XView, please let me know, even if it's just a
short "hi, I'm writing a ... on an Acme ZQX-380" or whatever. Please send
replies via private e-mail to save network bandwidth. (If people are
interested, I'll summarize to the net later). Thanks!

        -Doug

Doug Cook                               cook at iris.ucdavis.edu
UCD EECS Dept.                          dmcook at ucdavis.edu
Davis, CA