Sparcstation keyboard problem

Mike Howard milhow1!how at uunet.uu.net
Sun Dec 3 02:40:34 AEST 1989

A couple of weeks ago I posted an article soliciting experience with
keyboard failures on Sparcstation 1's.  Inasmuch as I had had two
keyboards fail - each within a week of being attached to the system, I
thought that there might be a manufacturing problem.

Based on the response I've received and the lack of response on the net
and the fact that I have a new keyboard (number 3) [and a new mouse] which
have not yet faild (up about 2 weeks - a record here), I've concluded that
there is No systematic problem and that I was Either unlucky OR the mouse
was to blame.  [the mouse is with the vendor who promises to do a little
testing ].

The most useful response I received was:

> hi:
>    we had the exact same problem ... we had pronounced our kb dead ..
> however a post-mortem revealed that it was the mouse (the rat !) that
> had kicked the bucket and the system somehow got confused ...
>
> Nasser K  Ghazi

Mike Howard
uunet!milhow1!how or milhow1!how at uunet.uu.net