configuring SunOS 3.5 host as boot server

Kent Hauser tfd!kent at uunet.uu.net
Fri Dec 29 01:58:33 AEST 1989

I need to occasionally boot a normally stand-alone Sun from another
normally stand-alone Sun.  This is to load `diag', etc.

When this happens, the hosts are ethernet connected & I can `ftp', `rcp',
etc between them.  However, neither host runs NFS.

However, I can not figure out how to make them `boot' each other.  All of
the incantations of `b le(...)stand/diag' I have tried do nothing.

So...what servers, daemons, links, & the like need to be in place before I
can make this work?

Thanks.