SunLink X.25 and subaddressing

Toerless Eckert Toerless.Eckert at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Dec 27 00:58:05 AEST 1989

In article <3816 at brazos.Rice.edu>, by lubich at inf.ethz.ch (Hannes Lubich):
> Has anyone out there configured SunLink X25 in a way that allows one
> installation to accept more than one X.121 address?  More specificly, I
> want my SUN to accept calls both for the original DTE address as well as
> for the subaddresses of that particular address.
>
> I'm running SunLink X.25 version 5 on a 3/50 with SunOS-3.5.
>
> If anybody got this up and running, please let me know.
> Thanks & CHeers
> 	--HaL

Under SunLink X.25 Version 5.x it was possible to accept incoming calls on
any local address. However the applications provided by sun (x29d,
x25manager) listen only on the local address specified in the
corresponding x25params file. If you set the local address in that file to
0, they will listen for any call that arrives.  This causes a problem,
though, because now all programs will use this address 0 as the
originating address on outgoing calls.

Unless you use your own programs to replace x29d and x25manager (there are
better PD replacements for both of them) you will have to live with that
problem.

The best thing out of this is to upgrade to SunOS 4.0.3 and SunNet X.25
6.0 (formerly called SunLink X.25 Version 6.0).  With 6.0 X.121 addresses
are divided into DNIC, NTN and subaddress part, exactly what you need.

Toerless Eckert X.400: <S=eckert;OU=informatik;P=uni-erlangen;A=dbp;C=de>
		RFC822: eckert at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
		UUCP:   {pyramid,unido}!fauern!eckert BITNET: tte at derrze0