Recording graphics on VCR, PHIGS drivers (postscri

HRIECKE at nuacc.acns.nwu.edu HRIECKE at nuacc.acns.nwu.edu
Fri Dec 22 11:05:00 AEST 1989

I am trying to find out about the following two questions concerning
graphics on a SParcstation 1:

What printers does SUN-PHIGS support, i.e. allow as "workstations" (I
guess that would amount to say: what drivers does PHIGS have)?  In
particular, is there a postscript "driver" for PHIGS, that would allow to
write the picture into a file in postscript format?

Is there a video-"adapter" from the SUN to a VCR that costs less than
$2000, that would allow directly recording a graphics animation on video
tape?

Since I have to make up my mind very soon, whether I should get a
Sparcstation rather than a Personal IRIS, I would appreciate any helpful
comments.  Please send them to my e-mail address, since I presently cannot
access the bulletin-board.

Thank you
Hermann Riecke

HRIECKE at NUACC.BITNET