Sun-Nets mailing list

Randall Atkinson randall at uvaarpa.virginia.edu
Sun Dec 3 11:34:48 AEST 1989

It would be nice if the moderator of the sun-nets list would drop a note
past Erik Fair, Keeper of the Inet Distribution, and ask that
comp.sys.sun.nets be created as a "moderated" newsgroup that would really
be a transport for the sun-nets list.  It wouldn't take any more time to
moderate (since it would just be another receiving address on the list)
and it would make things a lot easier for Sun users on the USENET side.

The same notion can be equally applied to the 386i mailing list and a
comp.sys.sun.i386 group (newsgroup names can't begin with a number for
technical reasons).

[[Ed's Note: I don't think that sun-nets is moderated and I'm not sure
how ugly it would be to have two unmoderated lists feeding each other (the
word 'chaos' springs to mind :). Also, I think the moderator of the
Sun-386i list hasn't created a comp.sys.sun.i386 because of the existance
of comp.sys.i386 (or something similar) -bdg]]