Information sought on Solbourne Computers

Kevin Layer franz!snooze!layer at ucbarpa.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 9 07:45:17 AEST 1989

munnari!natmlab.dms.oz.au!ronb at uunet.uu.net (Ron Baxter):
> So if anyone has investigated it, or had hands on experience, or stories
> to tell that may allay my fears (or reinforce them) I would be very
> grateful for the information.

I recently verified that Allegro CL works (the Sun4 version), without
modification, on Solbourne's machine(s).  Over the years, Allegro CL (and
Franz Lisp, before it) has had the pleasure of `highlighting' problems in
software said to be "upward" compatible (i.e., the infamous "OS upgrade").
Nothing exercised by Allegro CL (which is quite a lot) showed any
non-conformance to the SPARC architecture or SunOS 4.0.

	Kevin Layer
	Franz Inc.