g++ and sunview

Sho Kuwamoto sho at risc.com
Sat Jul 1 09:21:32 AEST 1989

I am relatively new to Sun programming *and* C++, so I have no idea if
these questions have simple answers.  I would appreciate any help you
have, but please send by email to the address in my .sig, since I have to
telnet halfway across the country to read news.  If you are interested in
any/all of the responses, please send me mail.  If there is enough
interest, I will summarize to the net.

*From most important to least important:

1) Does anyone know of a public domain or otherwise easily available set
of .h files for Sunview and g++?  I've been hacking out little bits and
pieces, but it seems inefficient, especially since I have no idea what
some of the Sun definitions are for...

2) Is there any way I can receive news about g++ or the suns on a mailing
list?  It is a royal pain for me to read news.

3) (probably a g++ question, but you never know.) I've been getting a
strange error, and I have no clue what is causing it:
   pf.o: Undefined symbol __DYNAMIC referenced from text
Any clue as to what pf.o is, and when __DYNAMIC is used?  I've
grepped through .h files, pored over manuals, etc. with no success.
I've tried various combinations of extern "C"...  And I've double
checked that nothing like that appears in my orig. code...

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.  I just hope that I can keep from
going insane long enough...

-Sho