Bulletin board systems

John Bossert bossert at thalatta.com
Fri Jul 14 07:06:57 AEST 1989

I have a network with a 386i providing disk, mail, and print service to
about 30 PC's (using PC-NFS). The users want a bulletin board system.

My first thought was to install netnews (B-news) and have the PC's telnet
to the 386i.  A concern here is the thought of DOS users having to learn
vi...

As I see it, I have the following options:

	1) Find a bulletin board system that will run on both the
	   PC's and Sun and allow a PC editor to be used.

	2) Find a PC-like editor that will run on the Sun and have
	   it be the default editor for the PC users.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, I'd be very appreciative...

	John Bossert
	bossert at thalatta.com