Printer Options for SUN

Bill Mannel mannel at skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 14 08:06:01 AEST 1989

We at NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility in Edwards AFB, CA (where the
space shuttle lands) have a SUN 3/280 operating as a fileserver on a
network containing lots of SUN 3/60's, and FastPaths connecting the
network to AppleTalk networks with Mac SE's, II's and IIx's. We have a
couple of QMS KISS printers (non-PostScript) as well as Apple LaserWriters
on the AppleTalk network.  We would like to do as much of the following as
possible:

1.  Screen dumps to printers from our SUN color and b/w terminals
2.  Print PostScript files and format text files for PostScript
3.  Print Latex files
4.  Print cgm files like those created by SUN GKS

Any suggestions for software to do some (or all) of these things? Dealer

Bill Mannel

mannel at freon.dfrf.nasa.gov
(805) 258-3899