should we keep software support for Sun-2's?

mp at allegra.att.com mp at allegra.att.com
Wed Jul 26 23:25:02 AEST 1989

Now that 4.0.3 is out, are people keeping or cancelling their software
support contracts for Sun-2's?  Sun's position is "if this customer has
phone support, then they should keep their Sun-2's on contract.  If they
do not have phone support, then we should allow them to drop their Sun-2
support."

We have Personal Answerline, with 45 Sun-2's under contract.  If they're
still supporting Sun-2's, it's news to me; for instance, I've been trying
unsuccessfully for a few weeks to get Sun-2 binaries of the security fixes
for the 4.0.3 wall, rcp, and rdist.  (Sun-3 and Sun-4 binaries are
available to anyone via uunet).