Sparcstation's reliability

Eric Ho eho at word.princeton.edu
Wed Jul 12 01:47:06 AEST 1989

For those you already got the Sparcstations for a while, I'm interested in
knowing the reliability of the "pizza box" -- I mean the monitor, mouse,
keyboard, scsi disk & the floppy drive (i.e. devices that involved
day-to-day mechanical movements) -- in comparison to other Sun-3
diskless/dataless boxes.  As for the motherboard, I would think that the
reliability would be much higher since the chip count is so low but I'll
also be interested in knowing if you guys got reliability problems with
it.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu
regards.

eric