3/60 memory @ 12 meg?

mead%hamal.usc.edu at usc.edu mead%hamal.usc.edu at usc.edu
Wed Jul 12 08:22:41 AEST 1989

Has anyone run any 3/60's with 12 meg of memory and noticed system
crashes, where there weren't any with 8 meg?  I haven't checked yet to
determine if it may be application specific, but using 3 different cpu's
and 2 different cpu cabinets, and 4 different SIMMs, we get crashes on the
3/60 with 12 meg, and not with 8....I can't believe they all have bad SIMM
sockets. Most crashes seemed to be memory parity errors, however.  Sun
tech support is unaware of any problem with the 12 meg value. Could an
application do it?

	Curiously yours,

	Dick Mead  <mead at hamal.usc.edu>