Sun Peripheral Info Needed

Danielle Heinzer ESC1298%ESOC.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri Jul 28 02:24:05 AEST 1989

I have tried the e-mail addresses given by Gil Shwed, but my mail returned
with the message: Host Unknown.  So I send it to the Spots.

Hi, Gil

You were asking in Sun Spots v8n64 for info about the "SCSI terminal
multiplexor".

We have already five Scsi-P here in house.  It is hooked on the Scsi port
of a Sun3/60 or a Sun386i.  So you can attached up to 4 serial devices,
and up to 2 parallel devices.  There is also an option to hook a IEEE 488
device.

You can set the interface parameters you want.  I am just using serial
devices, and I test once to plug a parallel printer Actually I am running
a LaserWriter II at 38400 bauds on one this serial port and a Julia
Terminal on another one.

Otherwise I have connected a Siemens computer, a Sun Window is used to
emulate its ascii display, and another to emulate its graphical display.
With this configuration I have some problems, while the Siemens does not
understand any Xon/Xoff protocol or signal lines protocol. So When too
many data arrive the Sun386i crashes. But it is a very special case, and
Scsi-P is investigating on the bug.  Otherwise it works good for normal
usage.

The firm which developped this Scsi-P is:

       PATZSCHKE+RASP GmbH
       Software Und Systeme
       Niederwaldstr. 6
       6200 Wiesbaden
       West-Germany

       You can send e-mail to Axel Schlueter at : axel at apollon.uucp
       He has developped the Scsi-P.

       I don't have any contact with this firm, only as client.

       Regards,

  Danielle Heinzer
  ESA Computer Department/Computer Services
  European Space Operations Centre
  Robert-Bosch-str. 5
  6100 Darmstadt
  West-Germany