High speed serial line input to sun-3 with h/w handshake (he

Dave Allen moncam!dave at uunet.uu.net
Mon Jul 10 18:52:35 AEST 1989

We need to be able to read a (fairly) reliable stream of 8-bit data from a
serial line into a Sun-3 without using any error-free protocols - we want
to use hardware handshaking.  Sun tech support say that hardware handshake
is only supported in the other direction.  An unsupported product - exact
nature unknown - is available from Sun consulting services for about 700
pounds.  Does anyone know of any cheap solutions?

I really think this should be supported in the standard product.  Is this
expected in 4.1?

Dave Allen
Monotype International ADG
Science Park