sun!bugs == /dev/null?

Chuq Von Rospach chuq at apple.com
Tue Jul 11 05:50:01 AEST 1989

megatest!djones at decwrl.dec.com (Dave Jones) writes:

>I've sent several bug reports to sun!bugs. The mailer didn't return them,
>but I never heard of them again. I began to wonder, "Is anybody
>listening?" So I sent an inquiry, "Yooohooo. Anybody there?"

Well, when I was there, sun!bugs forwarded to the support people. They
were handled on a low-priority, no confirmation or acknowledgement needed
basis, since they aren't attached to a contract. They generally did get
looked at (eventually) and if they were bugs they got entered into the
database (eventually) but whether you ever heard back on them was up to
the individual engineer.

Considering that sun!bugs is low priority and being handled by a group
that is heavily understaffed and overworked, you can probably bet that
they still sit in the queue for a while and are even less likely to be
acknowledged than when I was there.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq at apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

You are false data. Therefore I shall ignore you.