sun!bugs == /dev/null?

Richard Tobin richard%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 04:11:30 AEST 1989

>sun!bugs is for people without service contracts, and since Sun is having
>so much trouble just keeping up with their paying customers (like me) at
>the moment, I sure _hope_ they aren't spending much time on sun!bugs...

I assume the writer didn't really mean this.  Everyone with a Sun is a
paying customer - they don't give them away free.  Of course people with
service contracts can expect better service, but a program with a bug is a
faulty product, and if someone takes the time to report it (which helps us
all) then Sun should take the time to fix it.

Richard