series to parallel converter

hairu chang hrc at psupws.psu.edu
Wed Jul 19 05:24:24 AEST 1989

Recently, we try to connect our sun 4/260 with a megawriter postscript
printer.  The series port of the sun-4 can support to 38400 baud rate, but
the series port on the printer can only support to 19200 baud rate.  There
is a parallel port on the back of the printer.  My question is that can I
buy a series to parallel converter to connect the printer through the
parallel port ? Dose any one have done that successfully ?  Where can I
get the hardware ?  What kind of setup do I need ?  Thank you very much !

Hai-Ru Chang