NFS problems

Terry Kovacs tktk at physics.att.com
Fri Jul 21 23:24:33 AEST 1989

In Volume 8 : Issue 74
Peter Jensen comments:

> We're
> still waiting to get an NFS problem fixed - Is anyone else having problems
> with their remote files getting corrupted (some bytes being replaced by
> garbage or nulls)?

Yes, we have seen this problem but really aren't sure that it is
associated with NFS or the particular device that the data was being
written to (or some nasty interpay between the two).

I heard a explaination that a possible cause for NFS problems was that NFS
turns off check sums on the UDP packets it sends.  I verified that this is
indeed the case by looking at the packet headers.  I'd like to turn check
summing on to see if it helps.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Terry Kovacs