screendump to EPSON fx-??? printers

betty symonds symonds at chagall.cad.bnl.gov
Wed Jul 19 01:32:45 AEST 1989

We have a desperate need for a method of employing screendump to dump the
raster images that are displayed while working in AUTOCAD from our SUN
3/60 color terms and SUN 3/50 bw terms.  I have tried using rasfilter8to1
along with the screendump but cannot get the EPSON to output anything
sensible.  I have experimented with a set of filters that we use on a
ComputerVision SUN but these do not work on the generic SUN 3/60 or 3/50
to any EPSON.  The CVscreendump works beautifully dumping everything on
the screen to the printer as long as one is actually working in CV's
"UNIX" environment.  However, most of our SUNS are not using CV and I have
rec'd. no indication from SUN or EPSON that knowledge of the requisite
filters exists.  Has anyone been able to do this, and if so how?  I am not
knowledgeable in writing these types of things and fear that a pixrect
program ( with which I am now experimenting) is far too slow if indeed I
can even get something to come out.  Does anyone kn!  ow of filters that
are for sale?

Betty Symonds
symonds at chagall.cad.bnl.gov