Color Monitor Flicker

Howard C. Hart nova!hart at decwrl.pa.dec.com
Wed Jul 5 11:36:07 AEST 1989

In article <4152 at kalliope.rice.edu> PATELMS%DUVM.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Patel Maqbool) writes:

>We are having a SUN4/260 with color monitor. The monitor had no problem so
>far. Suddenly since few days, I see a flicker on the monitor that to quite

Sounds like the same problem we had on our 3/60. Turns our it was just a
bad cable (or cable connection) between the monitor and color board. Try
jiggling the RGB cable a few times and see if that effects the flicker.
If so, you can probably replace the cable or do like we did...move the
cable until the flicker disapears, then try not to move the monitor too
much. (It's not that I`m lazy, but the amount of paperwork I'd have to
fill out to replace the cable isn't worth the extra effort (notice no
smiley face)).

Howard C. Hart                  UUCP:{sun!sunncal,pyramid}!leadsv!laic!nova!hart
Lockheed Missiles and Space Co.
Orgn 59-53, Bldg 593            Ph: (408) 743-2253 or -7353
Sunnyvale, CA 94086