Changing Servers

Paul T. Root proot at harris.cis.ksu.edu
Sat Jul 8 03:52:22 AEST 1989

We have a number of Sun 3/60s and just received a new 340M disk. I am
trying to change the server of the diskless to the machine with the new
disk.

The booting gets to the point where vmunix should be transferred to the
machine but nothing more happens except a le: missed packet on the
diskless.

Using etherfind, I can see that the diskless is sending to the new server
to port 706 (it sends to 716 on the old server). The new server returns 70
icmp dst unreachable

Can I not change who the server is once a machine gets a server?

The new server is just a yp client not a slave or master.

I changed one machine back to the old server and it came up just fine.

Paul T. Root
proot at harris.cis.ksu.edu
...!{rutgers | texbell}!ksuvax1!proot