4.0.3 upgrade comments ??

eho at confidence.princeton.edu eho at confidence.princeton.edu
Mon Jul 3 15:31:19 AEST 1989

I'm interested in knowing what pitfalls & any particularly useful features
from those who has moved from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 for Sun-3 & Sun-4/{110,200}
series machines.  In particular, I'm interested in any 3rd party
applications that die or behave incorrectly after the migration from 4.0.1
or any screwups like overwriting the entire / (root) &/or /usr partitions
(e.g. oblitering customized system files, user-customized symlinks in /usr
or /export/root).  The reason I asked is that I'm weighting the pros &
cons for moving 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 and see how much hassels would it involve
and see if it is worth it.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.
--

** PLEASE send replies to eho at confidence.princeton.edu **

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu

reagrds.

-eric-